Resources by Topic | Tribal Law and Order Act of 2010 Legislative History
Watch a video of President Obama signing the Tribal Law and Order Act, including an introduction from Lisa Marie Lyotte.
Search the online catalog
Find materials related to the Tribal Law and Order Act in our online catalog.
Last updated: August 26, 2010
- Read the text of the Law. (See Title II)
- Watch Video of President Obama signing the Tribal Law and Order Act, including an introduction from Lisa Marie Lyotte.
- Read the White House Press Release on the Act's passage.
Testimony from a hearing on the Act for the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, & Homeland Security, December 10, 2009.
- Written Testimony of United States Representative Stephanie Herseth Sandlin
- Statement of Thomas J. Perrelli, Associate United States Attorney General
- Testimony of Marcus Levings, National Congress of American Indians
- Written Statement of Tova Indritz, Native American Justice Committee
- Written Testimony of Scott Burns, National District Attorneys Association
- Statement of Barbara Creel, University of New Mexico School of Law
- Senate Report 11-93, "The Tribal Law and Order Act of 2009," October 29, 2009.
Congressional and Cabinet reactions to the signing of the bill.
- Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar and Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs Larry Echo Hawk
- United States Senator Byron Dorgan
- United States Senator John Thune
- United States Senator Jeff Bingaman
- United States Representative Dale Kildee
- United States Representative Ben Ray Lujan
- United States Representative Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin
- United States Representative Ann Kirkpatrick