To find legal assistance by state:

Federal funding for federally-recognized tribes:

To learn about federal sources of funding that federally-recognized tribes are eligible for to provide child welfare related services, see ICWA Topic #22: Resources.

Some national child welfare organizations:

National Indian Child Welfare Association

ABA [American Bar Association] Center on Children and the Law

Administration for Children and Families, Dept. of Health and Human Services - For a list of regional offices, see ICWA Topic #22: Resources.

Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)

Child Welfare Information Gateway, formerly the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information - A Service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Child Welfare League of America

Indian Child Welfare Act Clinic and Law Center, University of Minnesota

National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges

National Council of Urban Indian Health
- See also a list of regional health centers.

National Urban Indian Family Coaltion

Tribal Court CASA [Court Appointed Special Advocates] Project