NARF Staff Attorney Brett Shelton to Present at ICWA and Peace Circles Colloquium
Categories: Indigenous Peacemaking
NARF Staff Attorney Brett Shelton and other members of the Indigenous Peacemaking Initiative advisory committee will be presenting at the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and Peace Circles Colloquium on March 17 at the Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon.
Topics will include:
- The Indian Child Welfare Act and the Sacredness of the Family
- Overview of ICWA, the Regulations, Guidelines, Case updates
- Keeping the Child at the Center of the Circle
- Peace Circle Models as an Option for working with Indian Child Welfare cases
- Resiliency Courts and Peace Reflections by Jurists
Learn more and register at the Lewis & Clark Law School website.