Current Library News
New Research Items -- May 2006
• Characteristics of Schools, Districts, Teachers, Principles, and School Libraries in the United States: 2003-04 Schools and Staffing Survey. 2006 (National Center for Education Statistics). Also online. Catalog record.
• Improving Academic Performance Among American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian Students: Assessment and Identification of Learning and Learning Disabilities. Undated (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Child Development and Behavior Branch). Also online. Catalog record.
• Statistics (2005) from the Nation's Report Card regarding mathematics and reading and literacy, with results by race-and ethnicity, by the National Center for Education Statistics. Catalog records: math and reading/literacy.
• American Indians on Reservations: a Databook on Socioeconomic Change Between the 1990 and 2000 Census, by Jonathan B. Taylor and Joseph P. Kalt. ISBN: 0976442604. 2005 (Harvard Project on American Indian Economic Development). Also online. Catalog record.
• Introductory Data on American Indians, by the American Indian Policy Information Center. This document provides a statistical analysis of Census 2000 data for American Indians in Minnesota. Also online. Catalog record.
• Interior Board of Indian Appeals: IBIA Citator: A Compilation of Authorities Cited in the Decisions of the Interior Board of Indian Appeals (cumulative updates for volumes 16-30 and 31-33). 1998-1999 (U.S. Department of the Interior). Catalog record. Also: Decisions of the Interior Board of Indian Appeals, a web site maintained by Anita Vogt, retired IBIA Administrative Judge. Catalog record.
• A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies by Bartolomé de las Casas. ISBN: 0140445625. 1992 (Penguin Books). Catalog record.
• Ysleta del Sur Pueblo Archives, Volume 5, a project of the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo (Tigua Tribe of Texas) Tribal Council. ISBN: 094455167x. 2003 (Ysleta Del Sur Pueblo of Texas). Catalog record.
• A Brave's New World: Exercising Tribal Sovereignty in the 21st Century: Continuing Legal Education Materials: Symposium, March 8-9, 2006 by the Native American Law Students Association / University of Oklahoma College of Law. Catalog record.
• Report to the National Congress of American Indians for the Annual State of Indian Nations Address and the FY 07 Tribal Budget Request, by the Tribal Education Departments National Assembly. Also online. Catalog record.
• The Sacred Tree: Reflections on Native American Spirituality, by Judie Bopp... [et al.]; introduction by Jane Goodall. ISBN: 0941524582. 2004 (Lotus Press). Catalog record.
• The Way of the Pipe: Aboriginal Spirituality and Symbolic Healing in Canadian Prisons, by James B. Waldram. ISBN: 1551111594. 1997 (Broadview Press). Catalog record.