Law Bulletins | News
| Archives |
2010 Sovereign Immunity
A service of the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund
Articles are arranged from most recent (December) to least recent (January) for this particular year and topic.
Please note: At the time that these news stories were initially indexed by the National Indian Law Library, access to the stories was free. Sources such as the New York Times and L. A. Times may require a Login and Password, even if acccess is free. Please contact the National Indian Law Library if you need help accessing an article or feel we missed an important one.
Links to news stories may not be functional over time; they may become broken as news agencies reorganize articles on their websites. But links are not removed in the event that they assist you in finding the article at a later date. Contact NILL or your local librarian for help retrieving articles if links are broken.
• • Appeals court upholds Seminole Tribe's sovereignty (The Florida Independent) 09/09/10
• • Supreme Court considers petition in Pueblo casino jackpot case (Indianz.com) 08/18/10
• • IRS is probing casino payouts (The Miami Herald) 06/28/10
• • Seminole tribe accused of violating federal laws (Indian Country Today) 06/14/10
• • How the Supreme Court talks about Indian Tribes when they're not looking (Turtle Talk) 06/03/10
• • Pueblo's governor enjoys sovereign immunity (Indian Country Today) 04/30/10
• • 2nd Circuit blocks foreclosure suits against Oneida Nation (Indianz.com) 04/27/10
• • Opinion: Smith and Baum: tribes must decide battleground on employment law (Indian Country Today) 02/22/10
• • Mashantucket tribal member loses appeal in promotion suit (theday.com) 02/03/10