Law Bulletins | News
| Archives |
2007 Sovereign Immunity
A service of the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund
Articles are arranged from most recent (December) to least recent (January) for this particular year and topic.
Please note: At the time that these news stories were initially indexed by the National Indian Law Library, access to the stories was free. Sources such as the New York Times and L. A. Times may require a Login and Password, even if acccess is free. Please contact the National Indian Law Library if you need help accessing an article or feel we missed an important one.
Links to news stories may not be functional over time; they may become broken as news agencies reorganize articles on their websites. But links are not removed in the event that they assist you in finding the article at a later date. Contact NILL or your local librarian for help retrieving articles if links are broken.
• • 2nd Circuit hears Oneida Nation foreclosure case (Indianz.com) 11/7/07
• • Plaintiffs Suing U.S. Tribes Can't Get Their Day in Court (The Wall Street Journal) 10/12/07
• • Appeals Court rules Indian Tribes may seize cars (theNewspaper.com) 9/21/07
• • Judge throws out lawsuit against tribe (Cape Cod Times) 6/29/07
• • Defending against attacks on tribal sovereign immunity (Indian Country Today) 6/1/07
• • Ruling reaffirms tribal sovereignty in cigarette case (Yakima Herald-Republic) 5/22/07
• • Ousted Cherokee Freedmen seek DOI action against tribe (Indianz.com) 5/10/07
• • Court rulings question sovereign immunity (Indian Country Today) 1/2/07