Poarch Band of Creek Indians Tribal Code
[Includes amendments and additions dated through 2004]
[Initials on original document.]
§7-1-1 Tribal Council to License Attorneys
(a) The Tribal Council is hereby authorized to license attorneys to practice before the Courts of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians.
§7-1-2 Requirements for Admission to Practice
(a) The requirements for admission to the practice of law before the Courts of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians are as follows:
(1) Membership in good standing with the State Bar Association and possession of a license to practice law in the State of attorney's residence.
(2) Letters of recommendation from three (3) attorneys, other than partners and associates, who are licensed to practice law in the State where the applicant is actively engaged in the practice of law.
(3) Personal appearance before the Tribal Judge to demonstrate to the Court the applicant's knowledge of the Tribal Code of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians.
(4) Payment of a license fee in the amount of One Hundred Twenty-five Dollars ($125.00).
(5) Tribal Code will be provided to any interested Attorney at a cost of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per copy and to any interested person at a cost of Seventy-five Dollars ($75.00) per copy. Purchase of Code shall include any revisions.
(a) All licenses to practice law before the Courts of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians shall be valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance. No license shall be renewed until the license fee has been paid upon the expiration of the previous year's license.
(b) All licenses to practice law before the Courts of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians shall be signed by the Tribal Judge of the Poarch Band Creek Indians Tribal Court and the Tribal Chairman of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians Tribal Council.