| Neb. Rev. Stat.
Nebraska Revised Statutes of 1943
Chapter 43. Infants and Juveniles
Article 13. Foster Care
(A) Foster Care Review Act
§ 43-1301. Terms, defined.
For purposes of the Foster Care Review Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Local board shall mean a local foster care review board created pursuant to section 43-1304;
(2) State board shall mean the State Foster Care Review Board created pursuant to section 43-1302;
(3) Foster care facility shall mean any foster home, group home, child care facility, public agency, private agency, or any other person or entity receiving and caring for foster children;
(4) Foster care placements shall mean all placements of juveniles as described in subdivision (3)(b) of section 43-247, placements of neglected, dependent, or delinquent children, including those made directly by parents or by third parties, and placements of children who have been voluntarily relinquished pursuant to section 43-106.01 to the Department of Health and Human Services or any child placement agency licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services;
(5) Person or court in charge of the child shall mean (a) the Department of Health and Human Services, an association, or an individual who has been made the guardian of a neglected, dependent, or delinquent child by the court and has the responsibility of the care of the child and has the authority by and with the assent of the court to place such a child in a suitable family home or institution or has been entrusted with the care of the child by a voluntary placement made by a parent or legal guardian, (b) the court which has jurisdiction over the child, or (c) the entity having jurisdiction over the child pursuant to the Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act;
(6) Voluntary placement shall mean the placement by a parent or legal guardian who relinquishes the possession and care of a child to a third party, individual, or agency;
(7) Family unit shall mean the social unit consisting of the foster child and the parent or parents or any person in the relationship of a parent, including a grandparent, and any siblings with whom the foster child legally resided prior to placement in foster care;
(8) Child-caring agency shall have the definition found in section 71-1902; and
(9) Child-placing agency shall have the definition found in section 71-1902.
Source: Laws 1982, LB 714, § 1; Laws 1985, LB 255, § 40; Laws 1985, LB 447, § 36; Laws 1987, LB 239, § 1; Laws 1990, LB 1222, § 4; Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 194; Laws 1997, LB 307, § 75.
Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act, see section 43-1501.