Ill. Admin. Code tit. 89, § 307.4
ILLINOIS ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER A: SERVICE DELIVERY
307. INDIAN CHILD WELFARE SERVICES
307.4 Services Which Trigger the Indian Child Welfare Requirements
a) In choosing an out-of-home placement the Department shall assure that the child is placed in accordance with the Department's placement requirements as specified in Department rules. In addition, preference must be given in the following order, absent good cause to the contrary, to placement with:
1) a member of the Indian child's extended family;
2) a foster home, licensed, approved or specified by the Indians child's tribe, whether on or off the reservation; and
3) an Indian foster home licensed or approved by an authorized non-Indian licensing authority; or
4) an institution for children approved by an Indian tribe or operated by an Indian organization which has a program suitable to meet the child's needs.
b) The Indian child's tribe may establish a different order of preference by resolution. The Department shall document efforts to place the child according to these priorities.